mardi 25 juin 2013

Suzanne Perryman: 6 secrets of special strong need Dads

Get parents alerts: Join

He recently wrote about the secrets of moms of special needs not tell you, but he heard of many parents of special needs which they felt excluded. My husband, father of Zoe was my inspiration to write about what I know about the parents of special needs.

We are in the kitchen, my husband and I, cleaning up after dinner and talking about our day. I'm saying a sweet story about Zoe, a challenge he encountered. The story ends with success and because I happily share the results, I hope his face for approval and excitement that I know your never-ending encouragement offered something depend on. On the other hand, I see still working through my words, which is still his face, caught in the moment when Zoe was vulnerable and unsure of his abilities and in that few seconds, her face filled with pain and see the pain I know living with.

1. Special parents need to suffer silently with broken hearts. These parents are productive and your daily dose of happy, but that doesn't mean that they do not wear heartbreak around. They had a dream that was also different. I see my husband clean single stray tears at unexpected moments. I can feel the pain in their quiet, breathing at night, when he is awake when it should begin to sleep. I feel the heaviness in his heart when we talk about the future and their fear that he be here for this our child. When other men hear him speak in detail of our incredible son, often, there are uncomfortable silence or even apology. Most men that we know can not speak of disappointments, difference or delay in development as well as mothers.

There are stories that I have had to say to my husband, after made stories that detail the way in which our daughter was crying, or when only his eyes are filled with tears and her lip began to tremble. Stories about the shape of a needle was injured during a hospital stay, or how someone words made her sad, or simply looked at another child - or even how an adult without knowing it was difficult for her. In times like these, my husband goes silent and tense, he controls his indignation, he retains his wrath. The simple answer is deeply significant: "I wish I could have been there".

2. Special needs parents struggle with the protector of. This is something that parents cannot successfully - protect their families. There are too many physical forces beyond their control. Special needs of the Popes also have luck getting in your face 24/7. But who comes to call in the middle of the night, in the form of a sick child physically. Destination on the phone with a new diagnosis. No matter how many precautions taken, physically present are like, what so hard they work to support his family, even how hard try you, parents of special needs you will see your pain of the experience of family and their children more and again and again.

I'm in the kitchen, put the tray of medicine for after dinner, when my husband starts to tell me a story about work, something I'm interested in and excited. The sentence interrupted Zoe. At the end of the day their words slur with fatigue, but she wants to tell her father something, so we stopped and wait while she tells her story. In the middle of the night that call Zoe for me, sometimes hours later my husband feel your hand on my shoulder. I've fallen asleep in the bed for our daughter, and he has woken up and is unable to fall back to sleep. It also needs me and expect without resentment, while I take care of our daughters first, before returning to him.
3. Special needs parents are strong. Our family life can be lonely and while they rob us of our time together, much of our marriage is about what is best for the health of our children first. When we consider steal during the weekend holidays, our hearts hurt when we think of leaving our children and what could happen in our absence or if tragedy hit them or us, taking us both of our children. Special parents need decides to put his family and are strong doing what must be done. It is the force that fuels their dedication. Maybe not all dads need special did so, but there is little room for selfishness with such force.

There are times when are brimming with concern, trying to plan and prepare for each challenge that might encounter with our daughter. I see obstacles where my husband sees opportunities and at the end of the day, when I'm tired and without words, my husband opens his arms to my daughter, she creeps into his lap and while holding him, speaks of his own life, as always try your best and why you should too.

4. Special parents need to learn how to be leaders of life. Train leaders. They lead change, advocating for and working hard to make a difference. They allow their children, encouraging them to do more and believe that they can do anything. These leaders continue to learn about the disability of his son, on the needs of your child, on the world which surrounds them. Leaders are responsible for; they do what is best for their families, choose the harder way.

"Daddddddddy," Zoe calls from your room. My husband walks down the aisle, responding to their demand. "How was your day?" she asked anxiously. She wants details, so my husband provides them. She asks silly, and he patiently answers every one. "Today I missed you, Daddy and I love you" agrees. Easily, gently return you that i love you, something he says to it every day. Crouch, touch his lips to hers as she reaches for it.

5. Special needs parents are vulnerable. I love them actively and affectionately. His touch is often the only communication, a language of love that they share with their children. Love this way comes from an open heart, a heart that trusts that is open to damage and pain.

"I miss less Pope" says Zoe. It is time to sleep and his dad is out of town, something that rarely happens. "It is not the same thing, when it no longer exists," she sighs, putting his head on my chest. Her laugh, lacks that pick you up in and has the gift of its closure.

6. Special parents need to live with purpose and perspective. My husband has found its balance of work /life, decided to be present for his family but still feeling the constant pressure to provide. Simple gifts in our everyday life, embraces: emotions, our family love, even the food we prepare together. He has learned the value of each gift in life and how important a moment can be, how not should wasted time or life lived with regret.

I hug her tight and try to soothe to sleep, knowing that nothing that can be done to fill the space that his father has in his heart there is.

Suzanne PerrymanGet alerts

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire